Thursday, September 30, 2010

Concept Map



In creating the concept map and using the topic of volleyball I was trying to achieve a way to describe the different concepts related to it in a visual manner. In creating the map it shows different types of volleyball and what’s involved. While creating the map I realized how much there could be included in it. It seems like a simple topic at first but while I was branching off more and more ideas came to mind. Between equipment, people, places, and types it can be extended to a variety of situations. The concept map helped to display the information in a much more organized way than the mind map. The main topic is clearly displayed with the sub-categories underneath. The words are easily seen because the lines cause our eyes to follow them to the next word that is then surrounded by a text box. It displays a network between everything while showing separation at the same time. In a similar way as the mind map, making this concept map made me realize there was more than I thought to the subject. I feel like I could have continued expanding and making more connections between things if I had gone further. The use of color assists in making connections as well. Some ideas stand out and show significance due to the color around the wording. A concept map is a good way of showing the inputs of a broader topic and how the inputs connect with one and other to create that larger image. In making this concept map it helped me to “see” all of the pieces that go into volleyball as suppose to just the game itself. Something that I’ve known for years but had never thought about all of the little things that are the make up of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment