Thursday, September 30, 2010

Mind Map

Using the creation of a mind map I was trying to achieve a plan for my future goals. I’ve been having a lot of trouble lately figuring out my vision of my future. When I think about it my thoughts are scattered and have no direction or make much sense. By putting it onto I mind map I thought it would make more sense to me and give me the understanding I’ve been searching for.
For the first mind map I placed “the future” as my central topic. I put down the first things that came to mind, which were mostly physical things. My “AHA!” moment came to me during the first map when I realized that my map could basically go on forever. I have no idea about location, family, income, etc. in the future! I could never fit all of the possibilities. And everything I put down was very standard, broad topics, not personal ones. There wasn’t much color, not because it was my first map but because there was not much that came to mind when I made it. There were a lot of common standard things.
When I went to do the second map a few days later I didn’t think I’d come up with much but I realized my thoughts were very different then the first one. Instead of specific physical goals my thoughts centered much more on what I want for myself in the future mentally, emotionally, and what aspects of the physical things are important rather than the actual thing. I realized the colors I used in the second one were much brighter and energetic. I was looking at the future as an exciting time rather than the first one with uncertainty and wants and needs. This mind map exercise helped me to organize and understand my thoughts. My thoughts on the future are unclear because I still don’t know everything I want to achieve, I want to be successful and happy but how I do that could come in many ways. The mind map showed me the meaning behind what I thought might be my future goals. The color, space, and designs of the mind map made me realize what were actually more important to me than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment